Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Saturday, March 5, 2011

How I prep my cards for autographing

I have read many posts and articles on the internet on how to prep cards for autographing. If your having older cards signed, there is no prep involved because they have no gloss on them. However, any card that you would buy today, they all pretty much have gloss on them, and they are hard to autograph or smear (see Dante Bichette cards under TTM augographs 1996-2006). So, with all this being said, here is how I prep my cards for autographing:

1. Take an large eraser and go over whole card.
2. Place baby power on card. Using a cloth, rub baby powder all over card.
3. Using dry erase board eraser, rub over card.

Using this technique, I have been able to get high glossy cards ready to be autographed without smearing. See the Mark Buehrle and Kyle Phillips cards from First Autographs from Spring Training TTM. These cards were very glossy (esp. the Kyle Phillips Upper Deck), but when I got them back, they look great! No smears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment