Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Does this happen to anyone else?

I have a gift certificate to my local LCS, and I've been waiting for 2013 Topps Update to come out to use it.  However, I saw some hanger boxes the other day, and I decided to buy two of them.  Now, when I pick out boxes, packs, etc., I am superstitious (if that's what you want to call it), and I don't like to pick two that are next to each other.  Bad decision.  There are 72 cards in each box, so I purchased a total of 144 cards.  33 of the cards were duplicates!  Plus, three cards were damaged.  Ugh!  Topps, way to ruin my new product high!  Should I be mad?  Because I am!

Damaged cards:  Left corner on the Puig(!) emerald.  I love the emerald cards.  Right corner on the other two.  The scan doesn't do it justice, but no one should be getting damaged cards out of the pack!  The Puig corner is minimal compared to the other two.


Here are the 33 (!) duplicates.  All are for trade on Zistle or through here, excpet the Cubs, Royals, and the Jaso card (catcher collection).




1 comment:

  1. Hanger boxes are notorious for that (I've learned the hard way).

    ReplyDelete