Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, March 28, 2013

Target is making me mad

I normally do my card shopping between Walmart and Target.  In an earlier post, I attempted to go to Target to get 2013 Heritage since I have gift cards to Target.  I went there last Wednesday to pick up a couple of packs of 2013 Opening Day, which was released on Monday.  Again, Target failed me, and had no Opening Day, however, they now had Heritage single packs...bleh.

Then, I had an "a-ha" moment.  I have a Toys-R-Us near me.  In fact, it's closer than Walmart and Target.  The first thing I did yesterday after getting back from vacation was go to the store and pick up some Opening Day, plus, I've always wanted some purple cards.  I got there, and they did have it!  They were selling it a little differently than the other places.  It was 3 packs in a package, plus an "extra pack."  Each pack had 7 cards.  So, essentially it was 4 packs.  I bought two of these for $8 and change (including tax).  Here is what I got:

 Card for my player collections:

Purple parallels:

I love the Cano, but I don't like purple and orange on the Bumgarner.

Inserts:






Finally, I am very disappointed with the other cards I got.  I bought 6 packs plus 2 "extra packs" between my two packages I bought.  Two of the packs were essentially the same cards in them.

Pack 1:


Pack 2:

I also ended up with two Wade Miley's out of everything I bought.

Oh yeah, those "extra packs,"

All they were were just a pack of 2013 Topps Series 1 slipped in with the Opening Day packs.  I didn't get anything special.  This is probably my favorite card I got:


1 comment:

  1. My Target still doesn't have Opening Day yet either. Weird.

    ReplyDelete