Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Tuesday, May 9, 2017

COMC purchase - the sets

I recently spent some time on COMC and Just Commons to look to see if I could fulfill some set needs.  As I browsed both sites, I couldn't help but want some other things for my collections that are not normally available for trade from my trade partners.  So, I decided to get some set needs and some player collection needs.  Here is what I got for my sets:

2016 Topps - 100 Years at Wrigley Field:  This one will probably take me forever to complete, with multiple Kris Bryant cards in the set, but I'll keep chugging along.


2012 Bowman Platinum:  After this card, I only need a Manny Machado and this set is complete!


2016 Topps Opening Day:  I'm trying to complete the base set and the insert sets.  Hopefully this one will be done sooner rather than later.  I have a feeling the Mascots will be the most difficult insert set to complete.


2015 Topps Pro Debut:  I will probably have to complete this set via COMC and Just Commons.  Not many people have Pro Debut for trade.


2010 Topps Pro Debut:  Still working on this set and inserts.  Again, not many people have Pro Debut for trade, so it's taken me awhile to work on this one.


1993 Upper Deck Then & Now:  One more down, several still to go.


2011 Topps Heritage:  I finally have the base set completed with the Desmond Jennings card!  I still have a bunch of SP cards to go, but I did snag one in my purchase.  I only have one more New Age Performer to go (Pujols), and I completed the News Flashbacks insert set!


2015 Topps Archives:  A couple of insert cards.  These were the last two Presidential Chronicle cards I needed to complete that insert set.



2014 Topps Archives:  A couple down, many more to go.


2010 Bowman Draft:  One of each.  Again, not many people have these cards for trade, so it's taking a lot of time to complete this set.


1 comment:

  1. I love that Presidential Chronicles set. I need to knock that one out.

    ReplyDelete