Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Monday, April 5, 2021

Player collection question

 I've been struggling a little bit on organization of my player collections within my binders.  I have the actual player collections organized, but my question to you is...how do you organize your Player X pages?  

For example, take Starlin Castro.  Do you organize by year and team?  Brand and/or year and/or team?  Just throw them in the pages as you get them/no organization what so ever?  

Duplicates...I unfortunately sometimes trade and buy a card and then end up with two.  Do you keep only one card in your player collection binders?  Store the duplicates in boxes?  Places all cards in your player collection pages?

I'm quite curious to hear and read everyone's responses.  I have been seeing a few posts on Twitter about this, so I wanted to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Paging a player collection is tricky. Usually I start out with "no organization whatsoever" until I get a lot of cards from that person. Then when the urge strikes me, I will go through and do a full year-by-year organization and re-page it. But then additional cards are usually added to blank pages at the end since I don't feel like going back and re-paging everything again, or leaving blanks in the pages for future additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually go year by year. I try to keep like cards together - e.g. Topps and Topps Gold and any color parallels. But I get annoyed having to constantly shuffle around to accommodate a new card, so that usually falls off the wayside a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort by year and then by company. For modern players, it's a lot harder because of the sheer volume. So you have to be a bit flexible about where things like SP (in the S's or within Upper Deck), Skybox (again S or under Fleer), Ultra (after UD or the last Fleer), etc. Until you get most of the base for a year, get used to empty spaces. I will bunch them together until I need to expand by another sheet and then spread them out again.
    Duplicates go in my trade boxes with the set extras. Only need one of anything.

    ReplyDelete