Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ebay purchase...D'oh!

I am currently collecting all the Home Run Derby and All Star Game cards from the 2012 Topps update set.  I was short just a few, and I saw this awesome lot for sale.  They had almost every card from the set available, so I knew I had to win so I could get the few cards I needed to finish up my set.

A couple of days go by, and I win the auction.  Now, the fun; I get to pick 25 cards.  I had my list of 9 that I needed, then the rest were going to be fun cards/trade bait.  I sent a message with my cards I would like.  The seller even gave me (2) David Wright All Star Cards, one for my player collection, and one for the All Star Game set.  A couple of days go by, and my cards arrive.  I open the package, and...

I screwed it up!  When requesting cards, I somehow (!) managed to forget to put in the All Star Cards for Mike Trout and Yu Darvish!  Grrr!!  Needless to say, I'm STILL missing two cards.  I said screw it, I'll scout Zistle and trade for them.  No go there.  So, I go back to ebay, and I buy them separately, from two different ebay stores.  I got lucky because there is free shipping and I'm paying less than $3.00 for both.

Matt Harvey was part of the "extra" cards that I wanted as part of the lot.  I might start a player collection, we'll see.


The rest of the cards are trade bait.  Here they are:
US14 Jeremy Hefner RC
US20 Christian Friedrich RC
US42 Yoenis Cespedes RD
US98 Hector Santiago RC
US151 Jordany Valdespin RC
US157 Kole Calhoun RC
US161 Brian Dozier RC
US171 Rhiner Cruz RC
US213 Trevor Bauer RC
US221 Drew Smyly RC
US232 Andrelton Simmons RC
US236 Lucas Luetge RC
US265 Will Middlebrooks RD
US269 Drew Hutchison RC
US321 David Carpenter RC

No comments:

Post a Comment