Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another trip to my LCS

It was time to visit my local LCS again; I haven't been in quite a while, and I was looking for some help to complete some sets.  I have been having some thoughts about my collection as a whole, and I feel like I am all over the place, so I'm trimming things down and going to really work to complete some of the sets that I've been working on for quite a while.

First off, I asked for the 2013 Topps Update box.  I did well here, picked up most of the cards I needed to complete my set, as well as some Cubs and Royals to put in my team collection.  Now, I'm down to five more to complete my set.  They are listed in my set needs tab.  I'm hoping to do one or two trades to help out with my last five.
 

Next, I asked for the 2012 Bowman Platinum box.  They actually had platinum sets from 2010-2013 in the box, so I first scoped out what I needed for 2012.  As far as the main set, I got everything I needed but one card!  So close!  My last card I need is Yoenis Cespedes.  I will get this card soon!  Then, I looked at the prospects, and gathered up quite a few of those, as well.  I will continue to work on the prospects set; I still have a ways to go there.


After scoping out the 2012's, I just glanced at the rest of the Bowman in the box, and picked up quite a few for my player collections.  I will say that Bowman has done a better job of improving card design over the years.  The 2010's are not much to look at when comported to 2012.  I also found some Bowman Sterling, and picked up some of those for my player collections, too.





2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get close to completing a set! Nice pickups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2013 topps update 16, 170, 255, and 316 if you still need. Also should have some of the 2010 Bowman Draft. In need of your 2014 topps yellows and greens. Email me at ttorato AT aol Dot com if interested.

    ReplyDelete