Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 Topps Hobby Box

Ok, so everyone does a post on the new cards that come out.  I guess you could say this is my post.  I decided this year to purchase a hobby box, instead of buying hanger boxes and rack packs from the local chain stores.  Overall, I'm happy with my box.  I am about 36 cards short of the whole set (including having dupes for my player sets).  I'm trying to decide if I want to have the whole set, or break it up between player sets, TTM cards, and trade bait.  I love the design Topps chose this year.  In my opinion, it's the best design since the 2009 & 2010 sets.  So, what did I get?  Here we go:

First up, Eric Hosmer player collection:


More for my player collection:

I love the green/emerald cards!  I have several of them from the 2012 Bowman Platinum set, and I love that Topps included them into their 2013 set!  I think it's funny that I got all green cards that were sideways.  I wish I would have gotten someone from my player collections, but I would have to say the Kirk Nieuwenhuis is my favorite out of the bunch.


Gold Cards.  Nothing too exciting here.

Chasing history:  Yeah Kerry Wood and George Brett!!

For those of you that love MINIS.  I personally liked the 1987 Topps Mini's from last year.

Cut to the Chase cards.  Again, nothing that really excites me here.  I like the design, but wished I would have gotten a player that I need/want.

The Greats.  I know several Zistle trade partners that will probably want that Musial!

Calling card.  Again, nothing too exciting here for me.  I don't really care for the design.  Bland.  Blah.

Chasing the dream.  I like this set.  The design is much better than last year's Golden Futures set.  Plus, I got a Rizzo!!!

Last, but not least, since it was a hobby box, I was going to get either a autographed card or a relic card.  I like what I got.  It's a relic card (which I think I like better than the autographed cards), and he's a catcher.  That works for me!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Great pulls on the Chasing History and two different Hosmers! :-)

    ReplyDelete