Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Saturday, February 2, 2013

First trip to my LCS

Kansas City does not have many LCS.  In fact, it has one that I know of.  It is called The Baseball Card Store.  I had never been here before today, and I'm glad we stopped in.  I was hesitant to buy anything, and was more curious to walk around and check it out.  My past experiences with LCS is that things are overpriced and they try to rip you off.

Much to my surprise, I found a hand full of goodies, and got a great deal.  I will visit again when I am in the the area.  Great thing for my checkbook is that I live over 30 minutes away from it!

First, I got several cards for my player collections:

Ryne Sandberg:






      











The two older Sandberg's are from Topps' 2010 Cards Your Mom Threw Out, not the originals, unfortunately.

Starlin Castro:






David Wright:


  This is the second card I have of these two; one for each player     collection!







Ike Davis:






Billy Butler:


A couple of cards to help me get closer to completing my 2012 Bowman Platinum and 2011 Heritage collections:


The final thing I purchased, which I couldn't pass up for some reason, was old packs of cards at $0.50 each.  The bin consisted of mainly packs from the early 1990's, but I thought it was the safe way to get out of the LCS with buying something that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg.  I found this bin first before making the deal for the cards for my player and set collections.  Here is how I fared on my packs (the good stuff):

1992 Ultra:
 Craig Biggio
 Rey Sanchez (one for my Cubs players set)
John Olerud











1992 Leaf:
 Carlos Baerga
 Mike Macfarlane (one for my Royals player set)
 Don Mattingly
Doug Dascenzo (one for my Cubs players set)








1992 Studio:
 First appearance by Wade Boggs today
 Second appearance by Craig Biggio
 OMG!  A card I needed for my Ryne Sandberg player set!!!  YES!!!











1991 Leaf:
 Roberto Alomar
 Heath Slocumb (one for my Cubs players set)
 Danny Jackson (one for my Cubs players set)
Second appearance by Wade Boggs today












This trip to the LCS cost me $8.18 (tax included).  A pretty good day, in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing collection of baseball images. I am really glad to see your blog post. I want to collect my new baseball bat, that you mentioned above from at PIJ. Thank you very much for your excellent work.
    http://bit.ly/matsui-sign

    ReplyDelete