Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2018 Topps

Last year, Topps put a post out there about their 2018 design.  They have been doing this as a "teaser" for years now.  When 2016 & 2017 came out, I thought, "eh, I'll buy some, but not do a set collection."  Then the 2018 teaser came out, and I though, "geez, can't Topps get it right?"  I'm looking for an awesome looking card, and it's got a wave on it.  I have read many discussions on the Topps 2018 design on blogs and Twitter...should Topps go to a boarder or keep following their current route?  The last boarder design was in 2015, which seems like forever ago.  Anyway, I was very hesitant on buying ANY 2018 Topps for many reasons.  To me, running out of space, ugly design, and eager to complete the many sets and mega collections I have going on make up just a few of the many reasons I have rationalized to myself to not buy.  Then comes release day.  I saw everything on blogs and Twitter.  A new product is always fun, and who doesn't love to rip open packs?  I finally rationalized to myself that I'll need new trade bait, so I bought, but will keep new product at a minimum, unlike past years.  So, here is the blaster box I bought from Walmart.  One of the positive things about this set is the photography.  I read a review of the set, and I agree, that the photos are very similar to a Stadium Club feel.  For me, that makes this set a little more desirable.

First card of the year...I hope the rest of the year isn't like this!
Pack 1...this card would be really cool if the picture wasn't cropped 

Pack 2...alternate uniform

Pack 3... another alternate uniform.  The A's have new alternate uniforms this year...they look cool!

Pack 4...throwback uni

Pack 5...huge home run or walk off

Pack 6...too bad this guy got hurt last year

Pack 7...I have seen a lot of posts with Aaron Judge cards, and here is one from me!

Pack 8

Pack 9...I miss the old "future stars" logo

Pack 10
Player collection goodies

These are the only Cubs and Royals main set cards I got.  I guess I'm spoiled after these teams won the last two World Series.

Catcher collection
Inserts...I'm not going after the insert sets like I did last year.  I think the gold boarder last year was appealing, but not this year.  Another reason why is because it's hard between the base set and update to get everything.  The set from last year...I'll be working on it for years!


A regular and blue version

Another regular and blue version

I read a review, and it's another one I agree with, that this is a Topps self-loathing insert set.  I already get the daily email about Topps now, and I don't need more of it in the packs.

Gosh, these look nice, but again, I'll be working on the 1987 30th anniversary for years!

Foil card

Home Run Challenge

Blaster box insert...Players weekend patch

My favorite insert set that I will be collecting.  

This is etched in my memory forever!  Cubs win!!!  Cubs win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment