Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Friday, October 19, 2012

Ebay purchases

I bought a couple of things off of ebay, too, last week, besides doing the Zistle trade.

First item won was a couple of Wil Myers cards.  He's the future of the Royals!


Next item won was a lot of you pick'em 2012 Topps Update.  In a previous post, I had talked about my desire to have all the Topps All Star Cards from this year, since the game was here in town, and I was able to go to all of it.  I doubt I'll be able to snag any of the futures cards, or any jersey cards, for that matter, but, hey, some is better than none.  Here's some highlights:

AL Home Run Derby

I really wanted this guy to win

He got booed and man was it LOUD!!!

He was very impressive

     
Winner, winner, chicken dinner

NL Home Run Derby

He was still kinda hurt, probably shouldn't have been doing it

He had a great year

Car Go

He received a nice ovation from the KC crowd

Here are some other cards that highlighted my All Star week here in Kansas City:
 
This was an awesome catch!  And, my work billboard is in the background!
Great ovation for a great player
Iowa boy done good
One of two Cubs that made the All Star Game.  The only Cub to get an All Star card in the Topps set.  Where's the love for Brian LaHair?  I wanted to buy LaHair's All Star Jersey, but I couldn't get one of those, either.
Hometown selection.  Probably picked this picture because his at bat wasn't good.
I was rooting for this guy, again, on Tuesday night.  I really like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment