Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, October 4, 2012

TTM update

Sorry I've been unable to post for a while, it's been a busy two weeks.  However, during that time, my mailbox has been relatively empty, except for the last 3 days, when the mail has started to roll in again.
Wayne Kirby sent me some mail today, in fact!  He's currently the First Base Coach for the playoff bound Baltimore Orioles!  My man just had a business trip to Boston, and had a layover in Baltimore on the way there and back.  He brought me back a charcoal cartoon Oriole t-shirt!  It's awesome and I hope the O's go far!!  I'd love to see a A's vs. O's AL championship series.  I know, boring for most, but I'd love to see it!

Wayne Kirby
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Baltimore Orioles
17 days













Next up, mail today from Pat Rapp.   I went after him because I love the old Marlins uni's.  I know no one else probably does, but I did.  I prefer the Marlins inaugural uni's over the uni's they wore this year.

Pat Rapp
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Home address
10 days














Lou Marson replied to my TTM last year, and I decided to try again, and he was, again, nice enough to return my request.  The Indians had a tough year.  Hopefully, they'll get things turned around next season (but not enough to beat the Royals!  LOL)  The 2011 Topps card had a smudge on it; the back of the Heritage card had a smudge mark, too.

Lou Marson
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Cleveland Indians
50 days













Next up, Colby Lewis, of the wild card Texas Rangers.  I really hope the Orioles win (see my post above).  He signed 1 card, which was the Gypsy Queen.  He didn't return my 2011 Allen & Ginter.

Colby Lewis
Signed 1/2 (didn't return other card)
Sent c/o Texas Rangers
50 days


















Tyler Greene was a TTM I wasn't sure if I'd get back or not.  He was traded from the Cardinals to the Astros this year.  The Astros will be joining the AL next year.  It seems weird, but, I remember when the Brewers were in the AL!  I still have some cards of the AL Brewers!

Tyler Greene
Signed 1/1
Sent c/o Houston Astros
??? days


















Mark Kotsay was another TTM that I thought would be a long shot to sign, but I got this back Monday, and it was a great surprise!

Mark Kotsay
Signed 1/1
Sent c/o San Diego Padres
??? days


















I also got two return to senders, one from Billy Ripken (c/o MLB network); weird, right?  The other was from Jayhawk Owens.  Who is Jayhawk Owens?  He was a rookie catcher for the expansion Colorado Rockies, back in the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment