Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, December 28, 2017

Top 5 'Hits" of 2017

I decided to do a little something different this year with my 'Top" lists.  I decided to do a top "hits" list.  Granted, I don't feel like I have bought as much off the shelf product as in years past.  It's becoming clear that space is becoming an issue, uncompleted sets, and desire to build mega collections.  This list is "hits" from boxes and packs I bought, not anything off of COMC, Just Commons, etc.  You could say these were my top 5 little "surprises" of the year!

Number 5:  Steven Matz.  I got this card in a discounted blaster of 2016 Gypsy Queen.  Not only was there nothing new on the shelf to buy at that time, I could always use more Gypsy Queen for trade bait.


Number 4:  Salvador Perez.  This is a SP from 2017 Topps Update.  I also got an Aaron Judge SP in this blaster box, but the Salvy means more to me in my personal collection than Judge.


Number 3:  Ricky Henderson.  I got this as one of the hits out of a box of 2017 Topps Gold Label.  I was trying to decide if I wanted Gold Label or High Tek; I'm glad I chose the Gold Label.  Maybe High Tek next year.


Number 2:  Luke Weaver.  This also came out of the box of 2017 Gold Label that I bought at my LCS.  This is my third framed card in my collection.


Number 1:  Joey Votto.  What can I say...this black card is sharp!  Even though I have a love/hate with these cards that come out of Topps blaster boxes, I still like the way it looks.  I pulled this out of a very pleasing blaster box of 2017 Topps Update.


No comments:

Post a Comment