Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Saturday, May 5, 2018

2018 Bowman

I was reading on Twitter that 2018 Bowman was difficult to find at the local big box stores, i.e. Walmart and Target.  Sure enough, the same thing happened to me, too.  I was able to snag only 2 value packs from Target.

One of the unique things I noticed about the cards was the use of different logos for the MLB players versus the Prospects.  Here is an example of the Royals logo use.  I feel the logo in the diamond could be more prevalent and stand out a little bit more, like the logo on the Prospect cards.  I do like the uniqueness of different logos, though.


 Just a variety of Chrome and Base set cards




Insert cards...there are A LOT of insert cards!





The value packs at Target came with special "Camo Cards."  I also snagged a blue and green card in my value packs.




A couple of Cubbies prospects


To finish out the packs, two player collection cards.  The Salvy from above, and Wil Myers.

1 comment:

  1. I ran into the vendor stocking cards at the WalMarts yesterday. He only had 6 2018 Bowman 22 card Jumbo packs. I took all 6, but I wonder if Topps is intentionally shorting retail on products like this.

    I know anything beyond flagship Topps was impossible to find at the retail level in Denver all last year...

    ReplyDelete