Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Friday, October 12, 2012

A couple of trades via Zistle

My first trade was with Wazman.  I was able to get rid of some of my dups from my player collections, and I was able to get some cards needed for my player collections!  Great trade!


 My other trade was with  Phil44.  I got some player collection cards, and I was able to trade away a ton of 1990 Fleer common cards that he needed!  Here is what I scored:

B.J. Armstrong played his collegiate basketball at Iowa.  I couldn't pass up getting his rookie card.  It's only the second card I have of Armstrong.
 

Here's the first card I have of him:

I can't even tell you where I got this card, but there was a team set put out, and he was a part of it.  I still have some of the other cards from this set, but I lost some of them.  I blame it on being young and stupid.

I was able to add two cards to my player collections.  Sorry the scan is so poor.


I decided to re-start two player collections.  Troy Neel and Jeff Conine have always been a few of my favorite players, but I have never actively pursued them, until now.  I actually have a TTM out to Jeff Conine right now.  I hope he sends it back!  I have had success with him before.


Tim Costo is another former Iowa Hawkeye.  I have this card, but it was demolished when I got it back in 1991.  I came across this and had to get it.  It was a bonus when I got it because it was a Tiffany version!  I also have a TTM out to Mr. Costo.  I would really like it back, but it has been awhile.
 

Finally, Dan Ellis.  These are the first hockey cards I own!  I was able to watch Dan play his collegiate hockey at University of Nebraska at Omaha.  I was a big fan of his when he played for the Mavericks!

No comments:

Post a Comment