Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Friday, February 21, 2014

State of my collection

A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about my blog and collection and how I felt like I was collecting too much stuff and felt like I was all over the place.  I made some goals specific for this blog, and now, I'm taking a look at my collection as a whole.  I like it when other bloggers post pictures of their collections at home and how they store them.  I currently have 7 binders:

TTM autos
Cubs player collections
Royals player collections
Cubs & Royals 1986-current
Non-Royals/Non-Cubs player collections
2011 Heritage
2012 Bowman Platinum/2012 Topps Update ASG and HRD

My problem is, I feel like I'm running out of room.  I would really like to display the whole 2013 Topps set in a binder, as well as start a binder for my catcher collection.  My TTM binder is almost exploding, so I need to get a second one for those cards.  Plus, I would like to get one more for my NCAA specific baseball and football cards.  That puts me up to 11 if I do all of that.

Also, I have a lot of common cards, as well as stars and rookies that are taking up room.  I have also cut back on player specific collections.  Goodbye Paul Goldschmidt, Mark Trumbo, and Yoenis Cespedes.  I am going to try to make trades of these for cards for ones I really want.  I would rather have cards that I want taking up room, than cards I don't want.  One way to remedy this is by having a contest or two on this blog.  I know there are several bloggers out there, like myself, that have favorite teams and want to collect cards of that team.

Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to trade for those Paul Goldschmidt cards that you're no longer collecting. I'm sure I can find some Cubs cards for you. Let me know if your interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the best things my blog and blogging has done for me was allowing me to focus my collection and goals. Not only that, but just the act of actually sitting down and putting what I want to do in words is incredibly helpful. It doesn't hurt that it's also a great platform for trading and networking with other collectors.

    ReplyDelete