Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Test driving 2012 Topps Archive

Before I indulge my opinion on the 2012 Topps Archive set, I did get a TTM back yesterday.  I completed another 1987 Topps off my list.  Doug is currently the pitching coach for the Visalia Rawhide (Diamondbacks A team).

Doug Drabek
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Visalia Rawhide
34 days













Now, on to Topps Archive.  I like it.  I think its a neat set.  I like the fact there is no gloss on the cards, so they aren't so labor intensive to get the gloss off before sending them off for TTM!  Here are some of my favorite from the blaster box I bought:

Brett Lawrie
Darryl Strawberry
Mike Moustakas (one of my favorite players)
Eric Hosmer (probably my favorite player right now) - This card, out of all the cards in the packs, was damaged.  You probably can't tell from the scan, but it is bend and has dings on it.  Bad Topps, BAD!!!  Topps, its my favorite player!  :(
Gary Carter (one of my favorites)
Jack Clark - SP
George Brett - Gold Stamped Reprints Inserts
Chris Young - Gold card
Nolan Ryan

Finally, my fan favorite autograph I got was Carney Lansford.  He hasn't returned the cards I sent to him last year for TTM, so this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment