Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mega trade, part 3: Royals

The final installation of the mega trade is cards from the Royals.  I have thoroughly enjoyed spending a baseball post-season watching some playoff baseball live in person.  I was at Game 6 of the World Series, and it's something I'll never forget.  Everyone should have their favorite team go to the World Series in their lifetime.  Now, the Cubs need to get on it so I can go to Wrigley for a World Series!!!

I was able to add 26 cards to my Royals collection!


A few old George Brett cards


This will probably be the last we see Billy Butler in a Royals uniform.  He was made a free agent by the Royals over the weekend.  I have to give him props, he filled in for Hosmer during the summer and did just fine.  I remember thinking during that time about all the rumors that were going around about Billy being possibly being traded to Seattle during spring training and how I was so glad that didn't happen.  Billy Butler is a lot like Mike Sweeney.  He will always be a Royal.



This is from 2012 Topps; Cards Your Mom Threw Out.  If your Mom threw out this card back in the day, it was very costly for you!


A moose sighting


Probably my favorite Royals player (and the guy that buys everyone drinks at the bar), Eric Hosmer.  I picked up these sweet SPs of Hosmer in the 2012 set.




1 comment: