Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Friday, January 24, 2020

My mega collection project

I have a lot of common cards and a lot of cards from collecting when I was a kid.  There are still cards when I find them remind me collecting as a kid; the "gotta have" rookies, the stars, the future Hall of Famers.  I have long admired fellow bloggers who have put "mega collections" together and have shared them.  I had put a poll out about how to approach this project; do I only use cards from my childhood days of collecting or do I use all my cards?  It was decided with the help of the voters that I would use all of my cards to put together a mega collection.

I decided to keep it "old school" and do a mega collection of 792 cards and a traded mega collection of 132 cards.  I tried to keep it so I wasn't favoriting my favorite players, teams, or specific set (although Topps is the brand I have the most of).  I wanted to highlight the specifics of the Donruss, Fleer, Score, Topps, and Upper Deck sets; Record Breakers, Turn Back the Clock, All Stars, Star Rookies, Diamond Kings, Rated Rookies, First Round Draft Picks, etc.  I plan on evaluating future cards I buy and add if they meet the standards for being in the mega collection.

My goal is to share 2 pages a week.  I obviously have gotten a late start this months I will do one every day to catch up.  So here we go!

Cards 1-9


Observations:
  • Early on, there will be a lot of Record Breakers, Diamond Kings, and Rated Rookies because that's how Topps and Donruss started their sets off back in the day
  • Favorite player on the page:  Mark McGwire
  • Favorite card on the page:  1987 Topps Record Breaker Todd Worrell
  • Card most likely to get bumped:  1988 Topps Record Breaker Andre Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment