Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Sunday, April 3, 2022

Anyone need a fantasy baseball catcher?

 I haven't played fantasy baseball in a couple of years.  When I researched how long it had actually been, it looks like it was something I non-voluntarily game up when the pandemic hit.  I am excited to play again, and I'm playing with some friends that I used to play with, so all seems right in the world again, right?  

I have historically played FBB via CBS Sportsline.  I played once in an ESPN league, but it was hard to keep up with daily lineups.  I don't remember it being this difficult to rank players on CBS this year as it had been in years past.  I do my due diligence and take the time to rank and think things through very thoroughly, however, something felt off, and I knew it.  

Saturday morning comes around, and this is what the automated draft gave me after ranking my players.  These are cards of the players from my collection.  After seeing my draft results, I knew I was somewhat in trouble (scroll all the way down):

First round

Second round

Third round

Fourth round

Fifth round

Sixth round

Seventh round

Eight round

Ninth round

Tenth round

11th round

12th round

13th round

14th round

15th round

16th round

17th round

18th round - Hey!  I got a huge prospect, but wait...that's a third catcher drafted!

19th round - Uh oh....

20th round...๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
21st round - Catcher Alejandro Kirk (I don't even have a card of him!)


Needless to say, Saturday morning I spend loading up my waiver wire to rid myself of the excess of catchers.  Here's to hoping for a successful Monday morning waiver!  Despite the terrible end to the draft, I'm still #2 in the pre-season power rankings.  PLAY BALL!

2 comments:

  1. Bichette in the 3rd round is a steal. I think he's going to have a big year!

    ReplyDelete