Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Saturday, January 14, 2012

I hope this doesn't get my hopes up!

First up, one of my favorite players, B.J. Surhoff. His 1987 Topps card was one of my very first baseball cards, ever. At first, when I inspected the autograph, it looked like it may be a stamp. Upon closer look, its not stamped, just a bad Sharpie maybe?

B.J. Surhoff
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Home address
132 days


Next up, Dusty Baker. I had read that he was a good signer and he didn't disappoint! He was the Cubs manager the years I lived in Chicago!!

Dusty Baker
Signed 1/1
Sent c/o Cincinnati Reds
290 days


Last, but not least, Terry Steinbach. I had posted in my Top 3 Debbie Downers of 2011, that I was bummed that I hadn't gotten these cards back yet, and I was expecting them back, considering they were $2.00 a card. The money goes to a scholarship fund, so well worth the money!!! He is also one of my all-time favorite players! I was ecstatic to find these in the mail today!!!

Terry Steinbach
Signed 5/5 ($2.00 per card)
Sent c/o The Terry Steinbach Scholarship Fund
228 days

No comments:

Post a Comment