Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, May 8, 2014

2014 Gypsy Queen

I have been having a very hard time tracking down the new sets that have come out.  2014 Topps Series 1 and Heritage are all over the place, but I can't find Gypsy Queen or Opening Day anywhere!  I had been scoping out my usual spot for buying cards (Walmart), but they hardly have any cards AT ALL lately!  There has been nothing to buy; good for my wallet, bad for my collection!   I finally had to go to Target last week, and I found both Gypsy Queen and Opening Day.  I will post about GQ today, and Opening Day tomorrow.   I know my posts about new products are way behind everyone else, but I haven't been able to find it until now!

Player collections.  I find it interesting that McGwire is in an Oakland uniform and not a St. Louis one.  I'm glad is Oakland, though; I don't have any of his cards in my collection with him in a Cardinals uni.


Short Prints:


Catcher cards:


Red Mini:  99/99


Minis:  The Cuddyer is a SP.


Inserts:


I like this new set.  I wish it had more cards in it.  I could see 50-60 cards they could potentially produce for this insert set.


Blue Framed:  97/499

I might buy another rack pack or two of GQ, but that will be about it for the year.

2 comments: