Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Thursday, August 15, 2013

2013 Bowman Platinum

When I bought last year's Bowman Platinum set, it was my first exposure to the set since I have taken card collecting back up.  I *still* am trying to complete last year's full set.  This year's set is very nice, and I have thought about trying to collect the whole thing, but I am afraid I will end up in the same boat trying to complete the 2013 set as I am the 2012 set.  I bought a blaster box and here is what I got:

 Main set:


Andrew McCutchen
Trevor Rosenthal RC
Carlos Ruiz
Paco Rodriguez RC
Josh Reddick
Alfredo Marte RC
Albert Pujols
Matt Kemp

Gold and Blue cards:


Cutting Edge Stars:  Bleh, Robinson Cano.  I always get his insert cards.


Prospects:  I do like the choices of prospects for this years set better than last years.  I was lucky and got quite a few that I already collect!


Mason Williams NYY
Joe Ross SD
Alen Hanson PIT
Gary Brown SF
Trevor Story COL
Miguel Sano MIN
Jose Berrios MIN

Chrome Prospects:


I also got this Chrome Prospect X-fractor of Nick Franklin.


Top Prospects:  I like the 2012 design for this set better than this years.  However, I got lucky and got a Cubbie!


1 comment: