Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Sunday, February 18, 2018

TTM week

As some of my TCDB friends know, I had my third surgery in less than 10 years on my ankle last week.  I will be down and out for anywhere from 2-6 weeks.  You'd think this would be a great time to get caught up on trades and sorting, but I am non-weight bearing, so getting downstairs to do cards is not an option.  However, I did some surgery pre-prepping to keep me a little busy.  First, I found some cards for spring training TTM requests.  This weekend, I spent my time writing my letters, addressing them and preping my cards.  Other hobby related things that will keep me a little busy are entering my set needs from my "needs binder" into TCDB and continuing to enter my junk wax cards into TCDB and Zistle.

The one thing I can't do is trade!  I have been trying to be good about notifying any trade proposals on TCDB that I can't do it right now, and everyone's been pretty cool about it.

On a good note, I had several TTM PWE come back this week.  Since I can't get downstairs, I downloaded a scanner app to scan my cards.  It's an ok app, but it may be due to the multiple errors of the user!  I'm getting better with it, though.  It will have to do, for now.

Gerald Alexander spend his entire career, although short, with the Texas Rangers.  The Score card I got as part of a repack, so I thought it would make a good TTM request, and, of course, who could pass up a Rated Rookie card.

Gerald Alexander
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Home address
188 days








Jace Peterson is currently in spring training with the Yankees, as a non-roster invitee.  He spent last year with the Braves.  I love the look of the 2012 Bowman gold cards, but they are thick, which makes them back to send as a TTM.  I have done another TTM request with a 2012 Bowman gold, and the same thing happened...creases.  

Jace Peterson
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Atlanta Braves
145 days


Finally, Walker Buehler sent these cards back.  He spent most of last year with Oklahoma City, however did get a late season call up, where he pitched in 8 games and was 1-0.  He figures to be in competition for a starting position with the Dodgers this year.

Walker Buehler
Signed 2/2
Sent c/o Oklahoma City Dodgers
172 days

1 comment: