Welcome to my blog!!!

I have collected baseball cards and autographs over the years. I still have boxes full of cards (as well as newer cards) that are just sitting there. So, I have decided to see how many of them I can get autographed. I use through the mail as my preferred route for this adventure. I also have an account on Zistle and The Trading Card Database for trading purposes (stevienicks77).



Monday, March 19, 2018

2018 Fantasy Baseball Draft Recap

It's that time of the year...fantasy baseball.  I like to share how my draft went via baseball cards I own.  Not too sure how I did draft wise, but CBS Sportsline graded me overall as a B-, with my starting pitching as a D+, relief pitching C-, infield as a C+, outfield A- and hitters B.  The guy who got the best overall draft grade has already proposed me two trades (that I have rejected) for starting pitching.

Round 1
He was on my team last year, and was also my first round pick last year, too.
 Round 2
Same thing here...he was on my team last year.  

Round 3
Pitching was already going fast, he was the best pitcher left
 Round 4
Again, he was on my team last year, but it took some time to warm up.  I drafted him as a 3B, but plan on using him as a SS.  Hopefully CBS switches his position before opening day!
Round 5
Again, pitching was going so fast this year.  

 Round 6
At this point, I felt pretty good about position players, even though I didn't have an OF yet, so I went with pitching.
Round 7
Another guy who was on my team last year.  I had read some articles that said don't draft him, but it's Cano, how can you not draft him.
Round 8
He was ranked in the middle for OF.  I hope this works out!  It's better than Steven Piscotty last year!
Round 9
He was ranked middle of the road for pitchers, so I was a little uneasy here, but he was the best out there at this spot.
Round 10
Got him a little lower than he was ranked, and he's only listed as a 2B right now, but he's playing OF for Seattle, and plan on using him there.
Round 11
Again, a little scared here about this pick...this is probably one of the reasons I was graded a D+ on pitching.
Round 12
Hopefully a good pick here, if not, I think I'll have some options for starting OF on a weekly basis between starters and reserves.
Round 13
I hope this guy can hold out until Greg Holland signs with a team
Round 14
I think the Giants will be competitive this year, so hopefully that means a lot of saves for this guy
Round 15
It was Puig or Brett Gardner.  I hope I made the right decision.  I feel better about it today than I did yesterday
Round 16
He was ranked really high per my Rotowire league specific rankings.  I think this will be a really good or really bad move
Round 17
I think this guy will put up consistent innings and wins
Round 18
I took this guy a lot lower than he was ranked...I have read that he has a lot of upside, so he'll sit on my bench and we'll see what he can do.  I hope he'll get an OF designation as well as his 1B
Round 19
He'll sit on my bench until signed...someone has got to sign him, right?
Round 20
As the rounds were going by, there were no catchers left, so I was watching him and he was there with the second to last pick.  He was injured part of last yer, but a Silver Slugger the year before.  Hopefully he'll be consistent
Round 21
I really wanted to draft someone else, but I still had a SS opening (Manny isn't designated as a SS yet),  so I had to go get a  SS.  He'll probably be dropped once Manny gets his SS designation

No comments:

Post a Comment